Sunday, November 20, 2011

Month Two


URL for those of you who want to see it bigger http://youtu.be/i_IXCQRBut0

Month Two:
One more week and I'll be through with parent observations. (Two weeks and two days of parents filling out forms commenting on my lessons...scary!).  So far I haven't gotten a negative review.  Next week will much harder though.  I've made a goal not to take my work home with me.  This means longer days at the office, but I don't want to think about it at home anymore!  It is making everything seem a lot less stressful when it is my weekend. 
Personally, I've having so much fun.  I've been seeing so many places and I'm starting to meet people.  I am starting to get the hang of the train system and I haven't gotten too lost lately. :)  I am still having a hard time sleeping on my little futon.  Last night I was up about once an hour.  At 4:30am there was an earthquake.  Try sleeping after that!  lol.      

Arbitrary Observations:
The customer service here is absolutely amazing.  There is no tipping here either. I have never been anywhere like this.  Everyone goes way out of their way to help their customers.  More than once I have tried to do something on my own and someone runs over to me to help.  Often, they try their hardest to speak what little English they know to help me.  I always feel so bad!   
The Japanese run.  A lot.  In America, you might see someone running for exercise, or possibly in the airport, but never just randomly down the street.  Men, dressed in business suits, running down the street.  Woman, in heels, suits, or whatever, running down the street.  It is amusing.  But when I am late for something, I join in and run too.   
   

1 comment:

  1. Mandy-- love reading these!! Thanks for posting. I wrote you a letter. Haven't mailed it yet, but I'm gonna. However, I must apologize in advance because i think I wished you a Happy Thanksgiving and well it will be more like Merry Christmas by the time I get around to mailing it. Oh and I drew you a turkey..haha. That should make your Christmas a little brighter. lol. Okay well, anyway hope you day is great today!

    ReplyDelete