Friday, April 27, 2012

The Last Few Months Have Been a Little Like This...


Here is the URL for those who want to see it bigger. http://youtu.be/u0GmPMr8UF4

Some random things that I have seen or experienced
  • While waiting for a train to pass I observed 3 Jr. High boys who were laughing really loud and holding down the train bars when the bars started to rise.  They took off running and I thought "Japanese kids really are not that different from American kids."  And then...one of the kids dropped his books and all of his assignments went all over the place.  All three boys stooped down to help pick up the papers and said, "sumimasen! sumimasen!"(excuse me/sorry) to all of the adults trying to get around them.
    "...and in some ways they are very different!"
  • A lady came up to me crying and thanked me profusely for coming to Japan.  She had tears running down her face and she said "The government won't thank you, but I will.  Thank you for coming!" 
  • Finally!  A lady in my neighborhood said "ohaiyo gozaimasu!" to me."  Typically, they either stare or ignore so this made me very happy!
  • After a particularly lonely weekend, I was walking home and a car passed by.  I noticed a little girl staring at me in the back window.  I gave her a little smile.  She responded by giving me a huge smile in return and waving excitedly.  How cute!
  • I'm quite paranoid that a huge earthquake is going to happen and I'm going to have to run outside indecent.  A couple months ago we had three big earthquakes within a 20 minute period.  The first two were when I was in the shower! lol. The first time it knocked over my shampoo, the second time was even bigger and I got the heck out of the shower.
  • I read a review of Japan, and a foreigner was complaining about all of the stares that he gets.  This made me laugh because, even as a foreigner, I totally stare at the other foreigners.  lol. 


Personal:  I'm doing pretty well.   I knew things would start feeling better around 7 months and they are.  Everything is feeling better. I was able to spend time with a very good friend of mine (but it was too short).  My Mom and sister are coming soon!  I am sooo excited!! :)

Work:  One of the most difficult parts of being at my job has recently changed.  It is a bit easier to deal with now.  I still have many stressful things (don't we all),  but I am handling them much better now.  My schedule is crazy and it is supposed to get even crazier.  The overtime is welcome though.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mandy!! Love your blog as always. I feel like I am able to experience things along with you getting a little view into life in Japan. Thanks for taking the time to post these! You are such a beautiful person inside and out--MUCH LOVE to you friend.
    Karalyn

    ReplyDelete